Effective as of May 2018
We Care About Your Privacy
Xhire, is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with the GDPR and other applicable data privacy laws.
This privacy statement (“Statement”) describes how we collect and use personal data where Xhire is the data controller or where we refer to the applicability of this Statement. “Personal data” means information about you, the Member, or another identifiable individual, such as your customer, potential hirer or, in the event of missing equipment, any other person of interest (“Customer”)
We may give you additional privacy information that is specific to our services in supplements to this Statement and other notices you may see while using our services. If there is a difference between such notices and this Statement, the notices should be considered first.
Our services may contain links to other companies’ websites and services that have privacy notices of their own. Xhire is not responsible for the privacy practices of others and we recommend you read their privacy notices.
This Statement does not apply to the products or services of any member hire company, freelancer or other contributor or registrant of Xhire (“Member”). Please consult the relevant Member’s own privacy policies regarding these products and services.
You are not required to provide personal data to Xhire. However, if you choose not to provide personal data to Xhire, we may not be able to provide you or our Members with our services or all of their functionalities or to respond to queries you have.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect your personal data and other information when you join, use or register for our services, request or take part in referencing or research, or otherwise interact with us. This includes the following categories:
- Service activations: Xhire services may require activation, where your device and application type, as well as unique device, application, network and subscription identifiers may be sent to Xhire. We may also use other personal information you provide to us to substantiate your entitlement to become a Member.
- Information you provide us with: When you create an account, make a voluntary donation, request services, participate in research or referencing or otherwise interact with us, you may supply information such as you or your Customers’ name, email address, phone number, street address, user names and passwords, feedback, information relating to you or your Customers’ devices, age, gender, physical description, bank account number, credit card details and other such financial information, car registration numbers, CCTV footage, trade references and identity documents. We also maintain records of your consents, preferences and settings which may include, for example, location data, marketing and sharing of personal data.
- Your transactions with us: We maintain records of your donations, content you have provided us with, your requests, agreements between you and Xhire, the products and services provided by or to you, payment and delivery details, as well as your interactions with us. We may, in accordance with applicable law, record your communication with our advisory team, law enforcement, insurance companies and brokers, or with other such contact points.
Why Do We Process Personal Data?
Xhire may process your personal data for the following lawful purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
- Providing our services: We may use your personal data in order to provide you with our services, to process your requests or as otherwise may be necessary to perform the service between you and Xhire, to ensure the functionality and security of our services, to identify you and your Customer in order to provide the service as well as to prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses.
- Accounts: Some services may require an account to help you manage your content and preferences, or to view content on our website.
- Developing and managing products and services: We may use your personal data to develop and manage our products, services, customer care, sales and marketing. We may combine personal data collected in connection with your use of a particular Xhire product and/or service with other personal data that we may have about you, unless such personal data was collected for a different purpose.
- Communicating with you: We may use your personal data to communicate with you, for example to inform you that our services have changed or to send you critical alerts and other such notices relating to our products and/or services and to contact you for service related purposes.
- Marketing, advertising and making recommendations: We may contact you to inform you of new products, services or promotions we may offer and to invite you to take part in market research when we have your consent or it is otherwise allowed. We may use your personal data to personalise our offering and to provide you with more relevant services, for example, to make recommendations and to display customised content and advertising in our services. This may include displaying Xhire and third-party content.
Xhire processes your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product or service you have requested or authorised. We may also process your personal data when required by law; to protect our Members; to provide references from our Members; to maintain the security of our products and services; and to protect rights and property of Xhire.
Do We Share Personal Data?
We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated below.
- Xhire Members and authorised third parties: We may share your personal data with Xhire Members or authorised third parties who process personal data for Xhire for the purposes described in this Statement. This may include for example reference and document checks, fraud prevention, equipment identification and recovery, credit checks, law enforcement liaison and conducting research.We may conduct joint referencing and communications with our Members and other authorised third-party partners. To avoid duplication of or unnecessary communications and to tailor the service to you we may need to match information that Xhire has collected with information that the Member or partner has collected where this is permitted by law.
These Xhire authorised third parties and Members are not permitted to use your personal data for any other purposes. We require them to act consistently with this Statement and to use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
- International transfers of personal data: Our services may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries around the world. Therefore, your personal data may be transferred across international borders outside the country where you use our services, including to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or that have different legal rules on data protection. In such cases we use measures to provide adequate protection for your personal data as required by applicable law, for example, by using standard agreements approved by relevant authorities (e.g. the European Commission) and by requiring the use of appropriate technical and organizational information security measures.
- Mandatory disclosures: We may be obligated by mandatory law to disclose your personal data to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to law enforcement agencies in the countries where we or third parties acting on our behalf operate. We may also disclose and otherwise process your personal data in accordance with applicable law to defend Xhire and its Members legitimate interests, for example, detecting and preventing fraud, or in civil or criminal legal proceedings.
How Do We Address the Privacy of Children?
Xhire products and services are typically intended for business audiences. Xhire does not knowingly collect information of children under the age of 13, or equivalent minimum age under applicable law, without the consent of their parents or guardians.
How Do We Address Data Quality?
We take reasonable steps to keep the personal data we possess accurate and to delete incorrect or unnecessary personal data. We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Statement or otherwise communicated to you unless a longer period is required by law.
We encourage you to ensure that the information you provide to Xhire is kept up to date.
What Steps Are Taken to Safeguard Personal Data?
Privacy and security are key considerations in the creation and delivery of our services. We have assigned specific responsibilities to address privacy and security related matters. We enforce our internal policies and guidelines through an appropriate selection of activities, including proactive and reactive risk management, security and privacy engineering, training and assessments. We take appropriate steps to address online security, physical security, risk of data loss and other such risks taking into consideration the risk represented by the processing and the nature of the data being protected. Also, we limit access to our databases containing personal data to authorised persons having a justified need to access such information.
What Are Your Rights?
You have the following rights regarding personal data that Xhire processes about you or your Customer:
- Access: You have a right to know what personal data we hold and to obtain a copy.
- Data portability: Subject to law, you have a right to obtain in machine readable format the personal data you have provided to Xhire.
- Rectification and erasure: You have a right to have incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data about you deleted or updated.
- Withdraw your consent: You have a right to withdraw your consent for Xhire to process your personal data.
- Unsubscribe and object: You have a right to unsubscribe from the service at any time and to request that we stop processing your personal data for the purposes of providing the service to you. If we engage in direct marketing, you the right to delete your personal data for that purpose or that we delete your personal data on other grounds. Even if you opt-out from marketing and other communications from Xhire, critical alerts may still be sent to you.
You may exercise your rights by contacting the Data Controller, who is firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, if you withdraw your consent or wish us to delete or stop processing your personal data we may not be able to continue to provide the services to you.
If you are not satisfied with what we provide when you exercise your rights, you can let us know by contacting us. If you are still dissatisfied, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office, or a relevant supervisory authority.
Who Is the Controller of Your Personal Data?
Xhire is the Data Controller of your Personal Data.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
Xhire may change this Statement at any time with or without notice. However, if this Statement is changed in a material, adverse way, Xhire will post a notice advising of such change at the beginning of this Statement and on this site’s home page for 30 days. We recommend that you re-visit this Statement from time to time to learn of any such changes to this Statement.
We would recommend that you make your Customers aware of this privacy Statement as part of your onboarding process.